Friday, January 17, 2014

Twenty Seven . . . (Stormcat's got the blues and can't seem to write. So here is an old one that you might enjoy)

The Sugarcat Blues
By Stormcat

(Key of F)
My baby, she’s a kitten . . . A soft n pretty baby kitty cat
Oh ya, My baby, she’s a kitten A soft n pretty baby sugar-cat
I told her . . . Babe I love you!
(spoken)  – then I asked -
 So whatcha think about that?

She said that love is crazy
      Can’t ever tell how it’s gonna go
Ya! love is wild n crazy
      it Ain’t predictable at all
(spoken)  – Not at all man -
But if it’s starin ya in the face . . .
        You might-as-well go ahead an take the fall.

Lovin a kitten ain't easy . . . is trickier than you’d think . . .
She’s a whole lot of life with-the
              subtlety beneath
Just when I feel I'm startin to sort it all out . . .
(spoken) -I realize I forgot -
about the claws and teeth

(Key Change to A minor)
Storm Ya gotta stop . . . this pushin with your mind . . . .
Love kitten in the moment        -day by day-
     draw no lines in the sand,
     declare no final stand
All that can do
              is push your kitten away

(Instrumental Solos)

(Final verse back to F)
My baby, she’s a kitten . . . A soft n pretty baby cat
Oh ya but, she’s a tiger kitten . . . A purring feisty baby sugar-cat
And I know that I love her
                                     BUT . . .
I've learned not to ask her
(spoken)  – learned not to ask -
learned not to ask her
                                    WHAT . . .
                                        she thinks about that.


 Copyright 2008 All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment