Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Forty Seven . . .

Photo by Snowflake


Love for Eternity
by Stormcat

Suddenly I've got loving eyes
There may be some flaw but I can't see it.  Maybe
She is perfect and doesn't even ever tell lies
I know she is suffering now but she seems so free
and I know that she is just dealing with reality
So all I want is to simply love her

I go outside and notice that the willow has turned to silver
the locust starts to exhibit shades of yellow
but threat of winter just makes it more that  I want her
to come into my arms an let my love bestow
that calm protective assurance and let me show
that I am the one who will always be there

We both share the sorrow of disappointments past
We both need the healing of trust renewed
where those loved show their loyalty at last
and each person bonds so close that life becomes imbued
with a confidence that will not fade and is trued
through the fire of love for all time and eternity



 Copyright 2014 All rights reserved

11 comments:

  1. Confidence in love is a great gift when it stays forever kind, and your words show the need with clarity. It is sad when two who seem perfectly suited to building that experience together miss each other. And sometimes they find each other, just as your final stanza shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was excellently written with your message coming across, beautiful words. Thank you.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the hope in your poem, Stormcat! It is wonderful when two people find each other and can trust they have a future together, despite their weaknesses and pasts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. One should always be very positive when starting a relationship..then it's in the lap of the gods(Greek ones probably:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stormcat, I do also hear the hope in your poem. It is good to feel the hopefulness and the confidence as a relationship begins to unfold. Sometimes a person just knows it is right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "We both share the sorrow of disappointments past
    We both need the healing of trust renewed
    where those loved show their loyalty at last
    and one person bonds so close that life becomes imbued
    with a confidence that will not fade and is trued
    through the fire of love for all time and eternity" - Poetic masterpiece.

    Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love can be so very difficult can it not? I do hope that you have the love in your life Stormcat about which you write. Everyone deserves that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love is all about sharing..good and bad I guess..going with your instincts is brave but must be worth it..with time and effort..this poem gave a real sense of journeying..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some are never that lucky. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I so know about disappointments past, and the hurdle of allowing trust renewed. Beautiful writing, Stormcat, and I hope for you everything this poem speaks of.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this. Suddenly I've got loving eyes
    There may be some flaw but I can't see it. Maybe
    She is perfect and doesn't even ever tell lies

    This is such a true description of new love :)

    ReplyDelete