Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Four . . .

Conversation with Marmalade about My Girl
By Stormcat

Stormcat
My Girl is starting to communicate and respond to my words and messages more openly. It makes me feel optimistic that I really have found . . .

Marmalade
(Wow I really like the way you rub my shoulder when you’re talking to me)

Stormcat
You know I think that what she is telling me is that she is really scared to trust anyone at face value because always in the past, at least for her, people told her how they felt as a way of manipulating her feelings toward them so that they could find out what those feelings were and then use them to their own advantage

Marmalade
(Why is it so nice to sit by the fire next to you? Do you always make everyone feel so comfortable?)

Stormcat
Well, now that you mention it that is something I try to do. I just want happiness around me.

Marmalade
(I can see that, you're the first human who has worried enough to find me a blanket to put over me when I'm in my bed. So you're really taken with this woman, , , ?)

Stormcat
Oh yes! I only met her once, so far, but I knew from reading what she wrote, and the pictures that she posted, that she was going to be spectacular. The thing is that I think I might have blown it because I told her in poems and messages that I am already in love with her and, You Know, how can anybody be in love with someone that they only met once? Unless they're desperate or something!

Marmalade
(Oh silly man! True love always happens immediately!)

Stormcat
But, you know, it's scary for those of us who, in the past, have misjudged love and been hurt by it!


Marmalade
(You didn't misjudge love, you misjudged a person, or several persons, and were taken in by their display of love that wasn't real! You want to blame yourself for misjudging rather than allowing that it was the subterfuge of the other person manipulating love to their own advantage.)

Stormcat
So, , , how can I be sure that the love I feel for my Girl is real, and true, and the kind that will last forever?

Marmalade
(That's actually three questions. . .
Okay . . . It's real because you both feel it!
It will be true when you are both willing to make it true!
And it will be the kind of love that will last forever when you and your Girl are both able to pledge your souls to each other and put all your time, energy, spirit, effort and commitment into making it last forever.)

Stormcat
Hey . . . you're pretty smart for a dog!

Marmalade
Ya ya . . .  so how about scratching me under my chin . . .



Copyright 2013 All rights reserved

1 comment:

  1. yeah, that's one very smart doggie. :)

    enjoyed the read. really nice "conversation".

    ReplyDelete